Pedalling through Ramadan- Tips and tricks to ride and stay safe
Ramadan Kareem to all the cycling friends (fanatics) out there! The holy month of Ramadan is finally upon us, and we at SmartRiderDubai.com want to wish you and your family a blessed Ramadan.
As you gear up to pedal through the month, here are some pro tips to keep you safe and sound on the roads:
- Please be aware that fasting can have an effect on your vision & concentration. Ride safe. If you want to ride like the wind, do so with defensive riding skills.
- Remember that patience is a virtue – be courteous on the road and spread the love.
- Avoid pedalling on a full stomach, especially after fasting. You don’t want to cramp up midway through your journey.
- Exercise is great, but don’t push yourself too hard. Listen to your body and don’t overdo it.
- Take it easy, tiger – if you’re an intense cyclist, tone it down a notch during Ramadan. Keep your cycling regime sensible.
- Safety first, always – wear your helmet like it’s your second skin.
- Lights, camera, action! Use cycle lights in the front and rear to make sure you’re seen by other road users.
- Reflective vests are the new black – wear a good one to make sure you’re shining bright like a diamond.
Happy cycling, and have a blessed Ramadan
Ride Safe, Ride Smart
SmartriderDubai.com – Mar 2023